What results will we get when we mix a group of adult directors, stage managers, and choreographers with a group of high energy youth and lock them in a building for 48 hours straight? A GREAT TIME AND A GREAT SHOW!!
Students will audition, rehearse, and perform a surprise short youth musical for the public in only 48 hours.
PLEASE NOTE: If your child does not do well in high-stress situations, or does not deal well with fatigue, this is probably not a good option for your child. You know your children best, so please take this into consideration when deciding to participate. The audition process is very telling for us. If we see a restless kid with very little self-control during the audition, it's a good sign that this is not a good format for that type of kid. As for teens, the same applies. If you are a teenager wanting to be a part of this show, but you don't do well with lack of sleep or stress, this is not for you! We expect our older students to be good role models for the younger ones.
Elena Kent and Suzy Roberts
Music Direction by Jared Capps
Accompaniment by David Engelman
This will be a workshop format with a fee. Auditions will be required.
Ages: 8-18 as of September 1, 2018.
Tuition: $200 (Tuition includes 3 meals, a show shirt, snacks and professional care and instruction for your student while they are here!)
Scholarships: We will be awarding 2 students with a full merit scholarship based on their audition and scholarship application. Applications and more information will be available to download here on August 31.
Thursday, September 27
- 6:00 pm: Auditions begin. Please prepare 1 minute (not an entire song) of a musical theatre song or upbeat pop song. An accompanist will be provided, so please bring sheet music. Students may also sing with no music but will sing scales with the music director so he can hear vocal range.
- 12:00 am: Cast list will be posted online
Friday, September 28
Bring an overnight bag, pillow, sleeping bag, toiletries and water bottle. Also if your child requires special medications, be prepared to bring those as well.
- 4:30 pm: Cast roll call and 30-minute mandatory parent/guardian meeting
- 5:15 pm: Students begin our read through/sing through
- 7:00 pm: Dinner is served
- 8:00 pm: Blocking
- 10:00 pm: music rehearsal
- 11:30 pm: Lights out (upstairs classroom)
Saturday, September 29
- 7:00 am Rise and shine! Breakfast is served!
- 7:45 am: Warm-ups
- 8:00 am-12:00pm: Rehearsal
- 12:00 pm: Lunch (parents are asked to stop by with lunch for their child)
- 1:00 - 6 pm: Rehearsals
- 6:00 pm: Dinner is served
- 6:45 pm: prepare for curtain
- 7:30 pm: SHOWTIME! (Take them home after the show...please!)
Sunday, September 30
- 12:00 pm: Cast arrives
- 2:00pm: SHOWTIME!
Tickets for the show will be $10-$12 and will be available on this page by September 1.
Please check back for changes as we may make adjustments before auditions.