What results will we get when we mix a group of adult directors, stage managers, and choreographers with a group of high energy youth and lock them in a building for 48 hours straight? A GREAT TIME AND A GREAT SHOW!!
Students will audition, rehearse, and perform a surprise short youth musical for the public in only 48 hours.
Show Title: It's a surprise! Your student won't know until they arrive for rehearsals on Friday at 4:30pm!
Elena Kent and Suzy Roberts
Music Direction by Jared Capps
Accompaniment by David Engelman
This will be a workshop format with a fee. Auditions will be required.
Ages: 8-18 as of September 1, 2018.
Tuition: $150 (Tuition includes 3 meals, a show shirt, snacks and professional care and instruction for your student while they are here!)
We will be awarding 2 full scholarships based on merit. Scholarship recipients will be chosen on 2 criteria: application and audition. Applications must be returned at audtions on September 27. To access application and read more about how recipients will be chosen, click here.
Thursday, September 27
(Sign up for an audition spot! The link is at top of page)
- 6:00 pm: Auditions begin. Please prepare 1 minute (not an entire song) of a musical theatre song or upbeat pop song. An accompanist will be provided, so please bring sheet music. Students may also sing with no music but will sing scales with the music director so he can hear vocal range.
- 12:00 am: Cast list will be posted online
Friday, September 28
4:30 pm: Cast roll call and 30-minute mandatory parent/guardian meeting
- 5:15 pm: Students begin our read through/sing through
- 7:00 pm: Dinner is served
- 8:00 pm: Blocking
- 10:00 pm: music rehearsal
- 11pm: Time to go home and get some rest!
Saturday, September 29
- 7:00 am Rise and shine! Breakfast is served!
- 7:45 am: Warm-ups
- 8:00 am-12:00pm: Rehearsal
- 12:00 pm: Lunch (parents are asked to stop by with lunch for their child)
- 1:00 - 6 pm: Rehearsals
- 6:00 pm: Dinner is served
- 7-10pm: Final Dress/Tech Rehearsal
- 10:01pm: Go home! Go to sleep!
Sunday, September 30
- 11:00 am: Cast arrives
- 2:00pm: SHOWTIME!
- 6:00pm: SHOWTIME!
Tickets for the show will be $10-$12.
Please check back for changes as we may make adjustments before auditions.
PLEASE NOTE: If your child does not do well in high-stress situations, or does not deal well with fatigue, please take this into consideration when deciding to participate. The audition process is very telling for us. If we see a restless kid with very little self-control during the audition, it's a good sign that this is not a good format for that type of kid. As for teens, the same applies. If you are a teenager wanting to be a part of this show, but you don't do well with lack of sleep or stress, this is not for you! We expect our older students to be good role models for the younger ones.