FALL YOUTH EDUCATION
ENROLLMENT IS OPEN NOW!
We are so excited to announce our Fall session. We are so excited to continue to grow and engage our 'Be' kids for another year!
Performing is an important part of self-expression and building confidence. Equally important is building acting skills in mind, body, and spirit. Acting is not just about being expressive and having fun (which we do plenty of), it is also about learning how to tap into instinct and honesty as well as understanding physicality.
This spring we are eager to introduce students to the study of acting as a skill that is both entertained through performance, but even more, a study of individual growth and knowledge best realized through intensive and rewarding classes.
Instructor: Ciera Juarez
Assistant Instructor: Mindy Matlock
Grades Kinder - 1st
Mondays 3:30pm- 4:30pm
September 11th - October 30th (Potentially no class on Indigenous Peoples Day?
Max of 10 students
In class, we'll have fun learning...
- Basic acting skills, such as how to use their voice and body to express emotions and tell a story
- Simple theater games and exercises that help to build confidence and teamwork skills
- Basic theater vocabulary, such as stage, audience, and script terminology
- How to create and perform short scenes or skits using simple props and costumes
- Introduction to different types of theater, such as plays, musicals, and puppet shows
- Basic theater etiquette, such as how to be a good audience member and how to respect other performers.
- How to work together as a team to create a performance
- Basic prep on how to have a successful audition
- How to use movement and dance to express emotions and tell a story
Instructor: Tate McMillan
Assistant Instructor:Ciera Juarez
Thursdays 4:45pm to 6pm
September 14th - November 2nd
Max of 20 students
Are your kids interested in Theatre but don't know where to start? Join us at Be Theater! Tiny Thespians is a class for kids that are interested in seeing what the theater world is like. This 8-week course will teach your kids about proper etiquette, taking direction, working with others, and so much more through theater lessons, games, and hands-on experience!
Dungeons & Dragons & Dramaturgy
Instructor: Mindy Matlock
Assistant Instructor: Tate McMillan
Mondays 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
September 18th - November 6th
Max of 10 students
Join us in this immersive and collaborative class for 6th graders and up. Running from September 18 to November 6, this eight-week workshop combines the fantastical world of Dungeons & Dragons with the art of theatre, allowing students to develop their storytelling skills, enhance their performance abilities, and experience the magic of role-playing. Join us on this extraordinary journey where imagination and creativity take center stage.
If I’ve done my job correctly, and you’ve done yours, by the end of the workshop you will...
● Have honed your creative problem-solving skills through engaging in challenging scenarios and finding innovative solutions.
● Excel in collaboration and teamwork by working effectively with your fellow players to overcome obstacles and achieve shared objectives.
● Possess strong decision-making abilities, developed through making impactful choices within the game and considering their consequences.
● Exhibit enhanced role-playing skills and empathy, as you immerse yourself in the characters you create and develop a deeper understanding of different perspectives.
● Showcase improved imagination and storytelling talents, having practiced crafting compelling narratives and expressing them with creativity and flair.
This is Tate's first year as a Be Staff member! Your kids are going to love Tate's passion for theatre and fun-loving attitude! Tate's full bio can be seen here.
We are so excited to welcome Mindy to our program! She has a heart for children and knows how to make learning a blast! Mindy's full bio can be seen here.