Back for a 11th year and this time in person... we are thrilled to be seeing smiling faces and meeting characters of your favorite stories once again!
RED RIDING HOOD
by Mike Kenny
5 FREE IN PERSON SHOWS!
Rated G, recommended for ages 3-11
Location: Be Theatre at San Angelo PAC
82 Gillis Street inside the Performing Arts Center. This is the buiding caddy corner to the Murphey Performance Hall (City Auditorium.) **Please note we are not located at the library**
BE THEATRE, MITCHELL AUTOMOTIVE GROUP, FOSTER COMMUNICATION AND GANDY INK
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 25 at 7pm
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 26 at 11am, 2pm and 6pm
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 27 at 2pm
Meet the characters and receive a free book after each show! Scroll down to see more info about how to see this delightful free show!
ABOUT THE STORY
Bridget and Stephen are on a sleepover at their grandmother’s house, but neither of them can sleep. So to pass the time, they decide to act out their favorite story with things found around the attic and clothes from the wardrobe. Soon what’s real and what’s imagined blur, and the children find themselves in the deep dark woods with a wolf tracking them down.
“…a clear and comic telling of the story that the children will remember all their lives.” –The Stage
“[Red Riding Hood] hits the note perfectly. The audience of small children seemed spellbound throughout. Even the eleven-year-old keeping this reviewer company was chortling at the jokes.” –Left Lion
HOW IT WORKS
This show is best for ages 3-11 years old** The show is about 45 minutes and is beautifully told for the early reader age group. It is not a written to entertain young toddlers and babies. Please see our suggestion for about guidelines for our littlest visitors.
This is a FREE show for all who attend sponsored by wonderful people in our community who love to support children's literacy. Our theatre holds about 150 people with seating on the floor for the children.
- You must arrive at the theatre and stay in line to secure your seat for the show. We reccommend about 45 minutes to 1 hour prior to showetime.
- There are no reservations unless you are a sponsor. (We do this because in the past, when we've allowed reservations, people often do not show up andd it takes a spot away from a child who truly wanted to see the show.) The best way to handle this is to have a 'first come first serve' method of serving our community.
- The lobby is a large, heated area comfortable for you and your little ones to wait for the show.
- Please keep in mind that seating is limited, and if we fill up, we will try our best to save you a spot at another performance that weekend.
- Seating inside the show area begins about 30 minutes prior to each show.
- Children ages 3 and up may sit on the floor with the other kids without a parent sitting with them, but the parent or caretake MUST stay in the theatre in an adult seat.
- After the show recieve their very own, "Red Riding Hood" book to take home and enjoy!
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
**Babies and toddlers are welcome, but can become quite loud if they cry or become impatient, so we suggest a sitter, or sit near the edges so you can sneak out if your baby becomes aggitated or upset. Thanks for making it a enjoyable show for all who attend!