Back for a 12th year and this time in person... we are thrilled to be seeing smiling faces and meeting characters of your favorite stories once again!
RED RIDING HOOD
by Mike Kenny
5 FREE IN PERSON SHOWS!
Rated G, recommended for ages 3-11
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 25 at 7pm
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 26 at 11am, 2pm and 6pm
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 27 at 2pm
Meet the characters and receive a free book after each show! Scroll down to see more info about how to see this delightful free show!
ABOUT THE STORY
Bridget and Stephen are on a sleepover at their grandmother’s house, but neither of them can sleep. So to pass the time, they decide to act out their favorite story with things found around the attic and clothes from the wardrobe. Soon what’s real and what’s imagined blur, and the children find themselves in the deep dark woods with a wolf tracking them down.
“…a clear and comic telling of the story that the children will remember all their lives.” –The Stage
“[Red Riding Hood] hits the note perfectly. The audience of small children seemed spellbound throughout. Even the eleven-year-old keeping this reviewer company was chortling at the jokes.” –Left Lion
HOW IT WORKS
This show is best for ages 3-11 years old**
COVID POLICIES WILL BE POSTED THE WEEK BEFORE! We will keep close watch on the rate of community spread and make a decision about exact guidelines.
This is a FREE show for all who attend sponsored by wonderful people in our community who love to support children's literacy. Our theatre holds about 150 people with seating on the floor for the children.
- You must arrive at the theatre and stay in line to secure your seat for the show.
- We do not hand out tickets before the show, and you are not able to make reservations. (We do this because in the past, when we've allowed reservations, people often do not show up andd it takes a spot away from a child who truly wanted to see the show.)
- The best way to handle this is to have a 'first come first serve' method of serving our community.
- Families can get in line as early as they'd like and are able to wait in our large, heated lobby area.
- Please keep in mind that seating is limited, and if we fill up, we will try our best to save you a spot at another poerformance that weekend.
- Seating begins about 30 minutes prior to each show.
- Children ages 3 and up may sit on the floor with the other kids without a parent sitting with them, but the parent or caretake MUST stay in the theatre in an adult seat.
- After the show, children stay to meet the characters, take photos and recieve their very own, "Red Riding Hood" book.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
**Babies are welcome, but can become quite loud if they cry, so we suggest a sitter, or sit near the edges so you can sneak out if your baby becomes aggitated or upset. Thanks for making it a enjoyable show for all who attend!
As of this posting on January 17th, 2022, we are planning to review the community spread 1 week prior to the show. We will update this page the week of the show with exact covid procedures on February 18.
As always, San Angelo PAC is using strict cleaning protocol and we will be cleaning the theatre and bathrooms between each show.